Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Immortal


I have been listening to this song by Evanescence for ages and Now only I realized the meaning of the lyrics! Silly me! Here is the interpretation.. [yes, it's from me but you will find it hard to deny my interpretation of this song's meaning ;) ]

My Immortal is actually a break-up song, which reminds you of a person that you can never get out of your head. And that person lives in you, like an immortal.



To really feel the emotions, try turning on this song while reading the lyrics.
Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1:

I am so tired of being here
(I am feeling very bad now)

Suppressed by all my childish fears
(I have always fear of losing you, but now it has become reality)

If you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave
( If I could erase all the pain I feel for you, I would...)

'Cause your presence still lingers here
(Because the memories of you keep coming back)

And it won't leave me alone
(And I will never be able to forget you)

Pre-chorus:

These wounds won't seem to heal; this pain is just too real
(This pain will never go away because it's too real)

There is just too much that time cannot erase
(Whatever happens I will never be able to forget you because of the good memories we had together)

Chorus:

When you cry, I wipe away all of your tears
(I do anything to prevent you from getting hurt)

When you scream, I'll fight away all of your fears
(I go an extra length for you because I love you)

I held your hand through all of these years
(I have always been here for you, haven't you realized?)

And you still have...all of me
(You have taken a large part of me away when you left me)

Verse 2:

You used to captivate me, by your resonating light
(You used to complete me by just being here with me)

Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
(I still wish to feel how I used to feel when I was with you, now that part of me is lost forever)

Your face, it haunts
(I still have images of everything about you in my head, even in my dreams)

My once pleasant dreams
(All the good times we had together...)

Your voice chased away, all the sanity in me
(How can you let all of that go? Do you know the pain I am going through since you left me?)

Repeat Pre-chorus

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

I try so hard to tell myself that you're gone
(I try so hard to forget you, but I failed and you will never come back)

But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along
(You still linger in places I go, sometimes I still thought that you were with me, but when I look again and see that you are not here with me anymore, I realized how lonely I actually am)


Repeat Chorus


Amy Lee is Deep, very deep with her meaningful lyrics and soulful voice.
I wish to explore further in her other songs, but here I go. Exams.
It's a good song to mourn over lost ones, but don't listen to it too often now that you know the meaning, it brings a negative impact on your emotional side.

No comments:

Post a Comment