Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Going The Distance

I love my day today!!
I went yoga in the morning...and this yoga master was talking about happiness and life. He said that being happy or upset is a personal choice, not largely influenced by the things that are happening to us. What he said reminds me of the movie i watched yesterday, "He's Just Not Into You." It's about different relationships of different people.

And then after that, I went out with Jonathan to Mid Valley. We had lunch at this nice Taiwanese restaurant in The Gardens. I love the fried oyster (it's actually one of my favourite foods, it has been ages since I have eaten it!) and the fish dishes; miso lemon dunno what fish & the tomato egg fish fillets. I tried the watermelon milk drink, and surprisingly, it tasted good too. The bill amounted to RM99.25, which i thought was rather expensive for two persons. We shopped for his mother's birthday present. Fast shopping it was. I also tried 3 swimsuits but never bought any of them due to several reasons.

And the best part is the movie!
I have always wanted to watch this movie since I first saw the trailer.

It's about Erin, an intern working at a newspaper company and has 6 weeks left to fly back to San Francisco to complete her studies. She met Garrett at the bar, whose girlfriend has just dumped him. They hit it off right away but made it clear that it would only last as long as Erin is still here in New York. But when it is time for her to leave, it was clear that they still want to see each other again. This was more than just a fling, they would probably be right for each other.

I know that this whole theme for the movie was about the possibilities of a long distance relationship. But I liked this movie for a different reason. It's about the character, Erin, she reminds me so much of myself! Let me list it down :
  • She is always happy and optimistic
  • She is clumsy with her food
  • She is bad in geography
  • She tells funny sexual jokes/crap
  • She doesn't like blubber. Haha... Poor Garrett for trying to keep fit.
  • She isn't afraid of showing affection
  • She likes to look at her man, like he's surreal. Like it's hard to believe you could find someone to love, and loves you as well.
  • She loves writing, like I do. I always wanted to be a journalist.
  • She has sacrificed her studies and work for her previous relationship, which shows her commitment in making things work. I have done the same, as relationship is more important to me than anything else, although I always seem like a workaholic. But anyway, she vowed herself never to make the same mistake again. Same here.
  • She hates conflicts and hardly gets angry. After an argument, she crawls back to her man and apologizes, whether she is right or wrong. But in reality, I did that and of course, that's why I am always being taken for granted.
  • She likes to ask many random questions. Like when she asked Garrett what he thinks about children, what's his favourite food, how would he like to die and some other weird stuff. If you know me and if you really notice, I tend to ask alot about these. It was lovely of Garrett to answer all those questions willingly and wittily.

There may be some other things that I could have missed out but the point is that, I could be myself and still, one day, I will meet someone who would really love and appreciate me for who I am. There is no need for me to change myself to suit the needs of others. It is possible that one day, I would find this person who would talk and laugh all day with me. We would be so happy without bothering the little stuff because we knew each other so well. He would carry me on the beach and we can make out until the sun sets or when the sun rises. We will make love for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He gets my silly sexual jokes and surprises me always. I love surprises!


After my 6 year long relationship, I was single. I felt empty. I thought all I need was just a caring guy to fill the emptiness. When I entered another relationship, I felt empty too, during the 4 days of minimal communication. I felt empty regardless I was single or not. I have learnt that happiness is not about finding the right person to have a relationship with, it comes from within. I am pretty, intelligent and independent. There is no reason for me to find another who would "complete" my soul. I am so young, only at 20, there is no rush for me to commit so fast. It would be wonderful if I could be with someone who would hold my hand while walking throughout this life and laugh at all the amazing things. We would be amazing.

I am a happy person. I avoid negative energy which would destroy me. And I always deserve to be happy. I am not going to change anything of myself for anybody.

And lastly,
Jonathan, thank you for taking me out.
You're my favourite and most consistent date.
Gorgeous Anna is lucky to have you. Please help me to thank her for her concern. She's a wonderful person, and we both know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment