Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Going Under


"Going Under" is one of my favourite songs from Evanescence. I didn't quite understand the lyrics when I was younger until now. It's about being emotional about someone you cannot get over, no matter how hard you try. The phrase "Going Under" means sinking into depression. It's as if you can't help but to dive into a pool of sadness whenever you think of someone, even when the person may not be right for you.


Here are the lyrics:

Verse 1:
Now I will tell you what I've done for you
(There are some things you need to know)

Fifty thousand tears I've cried
(I've cried so much for you)

Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
(I've been torturing myself so much for you)

And you still won't hear me, going under
(Yet you do not even care)

Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
(I don't want pity from you, I will help myself)

Maybe I'll wake up for once
(Maybe I will snapped out of it one day from this misery and foolishness)

Not tormented daily, defeated by you
(You have won this battle of love and got control of me)

Just when I thought, I reached the bottom
(Just when I thought I have hit the lowest level of depression until I cannot get any more sad than this)

Chorus:

I dying again, I'm going under
(I am sinking into depression again)

Drowning in you, I'm falling forever
(Drowning in thoughts of you, feels like I can never get over you)

I've got to break through, I'm going under
(I have to stop all these pain)

Verse 2

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
(I mixed up reality with my thoughts)

So I don't know what's real and what's not
(So I don't know what's real and what's not)

Always confusing the thoughts in my head
(I am getting confused, I think I am going insane)

So I can't trust myself anymore
(I don't trust myself anymore)

I'm dying again, I'm going under
Drowning in you, I'm falling forever
I've got to break through, I'm going under

Bridge:

So go on and scream
(Go on and push me away, hate me)
Scream at me, I'm so far away
(Yell at me to tell me it's impossible for us again, but I'm far from you now)
I won't be broken again
(I won't let myself get hurt again)
I've got to breathe, I can't keep going under
(I need to have my own life, without being held back by you)

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment