Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Egoism

This post is probably written out of anger. But then again, the best time to write something is when you're full of the "feeling", right?


He builds a wall and he wears the wall.
The wall is aimed to be defensive and strong so he can tackle the challenges in life.
He has fire, a strong desire for materials and life's temporary pleasures.
He charged towards his goals, at full force.
Confident with what he is doing because he thinks he has built his wall strong enough.
His wall is so thick that he is not receptive towards other people's opinions and concerns, especially those who cared deeply for him.
He even take it as a personal attack so he brutally pushed and knocked them away.
He stood on top of a high rock, claiming to be somebody outstanding with his marvellous plans.
He looks down and constantly pick on others' flaws.
By pointing out other people's flaws, he felt good about himself.

He brags a lot.
But he does not work hard.
Because the wall he is wearing seem to be pretty heavy.
He took others for granted.
He called himself "king" and in fact he is a fool.
A king of fools.
Yes, you're a fool who give yourself excuses everyday.
You blame on luck.
You blame on other people.
You never regret what you did and you blame God for your failures.
You failed to see your mistakes and you disappoint the people who tried to help you.
You always failed to see the consequences of your actions.
You have lived a long life.
Perhaps you should stop blaming life.
Perhaps you should change your ways.
Perhaps life would be different then.

I cannot always live behind your shadow of misery, whereby I do not feel protected under your wall.
In fact, I felt threatened and insecure.
You keep taking.
You do not give.
Live in your wall, as you wished.
But I have no desire, hope, whatsoever that one day you will wake up and change.
As much as I sympathize you for your "misfortune", I have to realize that it's time for me to move on.
As you do not even have sympathy for me, after all what you have put me through.
Instead of letting myself get hurt again,
I am setting myself free.

No comments:

Post a Comment