Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Plastic Surgery

As mentioned in one of my earliest post, I once desired to have a plastic surgery.
It's not that I'm so hideous or I look like an ape that even a male ape would be terrified of me; it's just that... What's wrong with wanting to be perfect?

Perhaps I should start with botox to slim down my ever-chubby-hamster-like face.
Sure, it looks alright with this age, but as I grow older, those cheeks will sag and I will look like a bull dog.




I have the typical asian nose, how about making it look a little sharper?


An increase in a cup or two would make me look super delicious....


If I take all of these surgeries, would I would be considered as having perfect physique?
Will I be able to look good in photographs, that when anyone sees my picture, be it a guy or a girl, would want to add me in facebook or any other social network?
Will I get extra advantage or benefit when I am in public places?
Will the waiter give me an extra muffin when I dine at Kenny Rogers?
Will the guards allow me into private premises without much questioning?


Will I be able to find my one true love, the perfect man who strives for perfection like me?
Will he stay with me, not lay his eyes on any other women because I am the only one in his world?
Will I receive flowers everyday that my house would stink of flower corpses?

Is plastic surgery an acceptable norm?



The K-pop thing is pretty popular nowadays.
You cannot deny that it's the looks that attracts you first, then the music later.


Here are some interesting facts:

  1. 76 percent (!) of Korean women in their 20s and 30s have undergone plastic surgery. Most of them were epicanthoplasty (i.e. the "double-eyelid surgery".)
  2. 25 percent of Korean mothers who have daughters between the ages of 12 and 16 suggested plastic surgery to their daughter
  3. 27.4 percent of Korean college graduate job seekers (19 percent of men, 34.1 percent of women) thought they did not fare well in the interview because of their looks. 28.5 precent of job seekers have already undergone plastic surgery or have planned plastic surgery in order to perform better in the job market
A Korean friend once said that it's normal that girls ask for plastic surgery for their 16th or 18th birthday present.

Have this widely popular Korean celebrities' good looks culture affect the Koreans?
As in the pressure of meeting up to a certain expectation of beauty?

I once joked that I would save money for 5 years then go for a rhinoplasty.
But it didn't seem funny to me anymore, when I saw a friend of mine heading to Taiwan and coming back with a new nose.
And another friend who enthusiastically told me about her plans for plastic surgery.
Is their desire for acceptance, to be loved and admired that strong?
Are they that desperate?
Can plastic surgery really grant them happiness?

What if the plastic surgery went beyond their wildest expectations?

Do you really rely on other people's opinions, approval and admiration to feel good about yourself?
Have you ever placed yourself so low that you aren't even capable of loving yourself?
Do you really place on your source of happiness on other people's hands?
That they are capable of making you go rocket high and rock bottom with just a few words?

Are beautiful people really happy all the time?
With so many love from many people, even strangers?
Will jealous monsters creep out from these people's souls and try to destroy you and tear you down?
How does it feels like to be compared to other beautiful people?
Do beautiful people win all the time?

Will your boyfriend or husband ever cheat on you because you are so perfect already?
Then why are divorces happening so frequently in the celebrity world?


I had this serious acne problem for a few months.
I did not dare to go out because of my looks.
Sure, I missed out fun and opportunities.
Then, one day, I look at the mirror and started to feel sad.
I asked myself:

Why do I not love myself?
Why do I want to change so much about myself?
I touch my face, my cheeks, my nose and my forehead.
I looked at my tired eyes.
How much I have been straining them, putting them to so much work.
Had I not love myself, like how I love and care for other people?
I smiled and my braces show.
Did I not dare to smile because I look look ugly and turn people off?
Is it that I care too much about what other people think that I do not even allow myself to smile, to even be happy?
Did my friends really shy away from me because of the way I look?
Did my family reject me?
No.

If one were to go for a plastic surgery and find love after that.
Is that true love?
I thought true love is someone that loves you for whoever you are.
For better or for worse.
Is true love based solely on physical attraction?

I am going to quote my buddy;
"F*** YOU, I AM AWESOME."

So love yourself,
And not let anyone define and judge you.











P/S: This is just a post about learning to love yourself. I am not against people who wants to plastic surgery or did already. What I have posted about the benefits of being beautiful, is not what I desire to have. For example, wanting my friends list on facebook to hit maximum; if I wanted that, it would happen long time ago but right now, the number 800 just seem so auspicious to me. This is just a general assumption of why people want to be beautiful. And I am actually satisfied with my meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment