Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bangkok

This was my first trip overseas!! And my first time on the plane. I was so so excited for the trip which was booked last year September. It was an impulse random decision because I felt as if I need to go out more. I went for this trip with Chu, Maho and KC. Really cute names they have there.

When I got on the plane, it felt like I was in a bus but with 3 seats on each sides. The air-stewardess looked like transexuals. (They are Malaysian though) Maybe it's the heavy make-up and sharp features. Didn't have enough space to stretch my legs. The seat design is ridiculous. I can't sleep when the top of the seat is arched upwards.


Anyway, I was still excited because it was taking off. The pressure on my ears made me felt as if they were bleeding until Chu taught me a way to get rid of the pain. As I flew, I saw fluffy clouds. Sort of expecting Katy Perry laying naked on them.


We reached the airport in Thailand in about an hour plus later. Oh, and there is two things I learnt while I was in Bangkok! Bargaining skills and currency exchange (how to gain/prevent loss by trading currency in different counters)!!


We were also impressed by the taxi drivers whom lined up to get their customers. Does this happen in Malaysia?
Bangkok is a shopping heaven. The clothes there are 50% cheaper compared to Malaysia. And the pricing for most of item ranged around 100baht to 250 baht.




The customer service by the Thais are excellent...I mean wonderful. They are so friendly. Only a pinchful of them aren't really so. I bought a tailor made pants from there and they sent it to my hotel. I called them at night and told them that it was a little too large; they sent someone to the hotel to measure and alter the pants. And they sent it back on the night itself. I don't think it's possible to get such good customer service in Malaysia unless the product is RM600 above? (The pants I bought was RM100 though, after bargaining from RM150)

But the drivers were merciless. Crazy drivers. Traffic conditions just as bad as Malaysia and they have many pink taxis!!

The food was decent, not great. Malaysian was better. I can even bargain for them! Anyway here are some pictures, I forgotten some of the names though.


Tomyam kung



Vege..haha

Mango rice


Grilled fish

Mcd's Brocolli Pie



Pork Burger


We paid the tourguide 500 baht for 4 persons to take us to the temples and we had to pay another 40 baht and 50 baht each for two of the temples shown below.




The buddha with weights 15 tonnes of real gold. (behind)




Sleeping Buddha


And then we saw people playing Congkak. No lah, it's not congkak, you're suppose to purchase a bowl of coins then put the coins into each bowl. For blessings and luck I suppose?

Oh, and I met a hottie there!



The perfect couple height, Chu?




On the next day, we went to the floating market.














While we thought that she was actually giving us a "peace" sign for us to take picture, she actually meant 20 baht for her fruits.

KC with Madame Paew...whom claimed she is the owner of the floating market

We went to the wood carving factory after that...




And into the shops...


3 of us..



Maho smiling as the chair hold her ass..


Mani and Pedi for only 200 baht!

Elephant wearing undies...


And at night, Chu, KC and Maho met some celebrity... I was sleeping at the hotel that time...

We went home on the following day. I shall end this post with a picture of us with our sweet tourguide, Nancy whom can't wake up early.. :P



No comments:

Post a Comment